Monthly Archives: August 2016
If you are like us, and have a garden, you probably have zucchini overload! There are some summers where it literally takes over my kitchen counters! What a good problem to have, really. I have a list of things I do with mine to try and vary the zucchini eating experience. Here is just one of the recipes I make with mine. It’s extremely simple, quick, and delicious!
Lemon Garlic Zucchini Wedges with Parmesan
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic, finely minced
- Garlic Salt and Lemon Pepper for seasoning
- 2-4 TBS freshly grated parmesan cheese
- cherry tomatoes and herbs for garnish
- Fresh marinara, and/or ranch dressing for dipping.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large ziplock baggie, mix together lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, garlic salt, and lemon pepper. Set aside.
- Cut zucchini into long wedges, about 1/2″ thick. Add these to the baggie containing the olive oil mixture and seal the baggie closed. Gently squish around with your hands to evenly distribute the olive oil.
- Dump out onto a large baking sheet and sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for 11-12 minutes.
- At the end of the cooking time, switch the oven to broil and continue baking for about 3 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and place on serving dish. Sprinkle cherry tomatoes and fresh herbs over the top to garnish.
- Serve piping hot with fresh marinara, or my personal favorite, ranch dressing for dipping.
*Note: I did a quick search online and saw that both of the seasonings I used are gluten free. You should always check this out for yourself each time you purchase, as companies often change ingredients or processing methods.
416 total views, no views todayby