Episode 13: Neon-long KAL
We are just a bit goofy this week! We had so much fun talking about all the projects we’ve been working on over the past couple of weeks and we are loving seeing all your photos from our Neon-along KAL! Show notes are below the video.
Come Join our KAL!
The neon-along kal will run until the end of May. The rules are simple: just knit something you can wear that uses at least fifty grams of neon yarn and come post photos of your finished objects in our Ravelry Group. You can enter multiple times, so keep knitting!
Our prizes are amazing and include a project bag by Chestnut Fibres, a skein of Hedgehog Fibers Sock in Envy colorway, stitch markers by Knitty By Nature, and the gorgeous Pacifica shawl pattern by Lisa Seifert. Come see a photo in the Ravelry Group!
You can find Queen Deborah on Ravelry as IndigoChicken, on Instagram as IndigoChickenDolls, and on Etsy as Indigo Chicken. Queen Emily can be found on Ravelry as Egclawson and on Instagram as SaltCityKnits.
Queen Emily is also giving away a pair of handknit socks. If you are interested in those, you can find details here.
What Queen Emily is wearing – Pure Joy shawl by Joji Locatelli
– No-purl Monkey Socks – just change all the purl stitches in the lace chart to knit stitches for this version.
– Split Back Snowflake Hat by Susan B Anderson
– Fusion Blanket (that link is just a reference to the idea. Queen Deborah is designing her own version)
– Malabrigo Sock in Impressionist Sky
– Malabrigo Rios in Sunset
– Shepherd’s Wool in Peaches ‘n’ Cream
– Spectrum Fiber in Rainbow Bright
– Plymouth Yarns Neon Now in Orange and Pink
– ChileKnitz in Bliss 2.0
– Up in Yarns Christmas Minis (closed)
– Hedgehog Fibers Sock in Banana Legs
– Up in Yarns Sock in Naked (closed)
– Sweet Nesting Fibers – unnamed colorway (only available through Instagram)
Yarn Stores Mentioned
Snippets from the Past
What are you Reading?
– At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon
– The Once and Future King
– The Great Courses “The Medieval World”
– Mistborn Series by Brandon Sanderson
– Arcanum Unbounded by Brandon Sanderson
– Inspector Lewis
341 total views, 1 views todayby