Raspberry Cordial Recipe
While attending the most enjoyable reading retreat, I tasted the most delicious drink! If you have read Anne of Green Gables you will be familiar with raspberry cordial. I always wondered what it would taste like, and during our Anne themed dinner, I had the opportunity to find out. I quickly decided it is now one of my favorite things to drink! Try it out for yourself and let me know what you think.
- Put the unthawed raspberries into a saucepan and add sugar.
- Cook on medium, stirring occasionally until all the sugar ahs dissolved.
- Using a potato masher, mash the raspberries and syrup thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer, extract all the juice.
- Squeeze two of the lemons and strain the juice, add it to the raspberry juice.
- Add the boiling water to the raspberry juice.
- Allow the cordial to cool, then chill it in the refrigerator.
- Serve cordial with a thin slice of lemon in each glass.
This recipe is from the Anne of Green Gables cookbook by Kate MacDonald.
74 total views, 2 views todayby